Oyetola
Gboyega Oyetola

By Sunday Oguntuyi, Osogbo

Osun state government on Wednesday confirmed one new case of coronavirus pandemic just as it said it has discharged four patients from its treatment and Isolation centres in Osogbo and Ile-Ife respectively.

The state’s Commissioner for Health, Dr. Rafiu Isamotu stated this in a release issued and personally signed by him,  copies of which were made available to the newsmen in Osogbo.

According to him, one those discharged was among the patients taken in last week with severe underlying ailments.

He noted that the story of the recovery of one of the patients with an underlying ailment provides yet another glimmer of hope that being infected with the Covid-19 is not a death sentence.

On the new case recorded, Isamotu disclosed that the patient contracted the virus from a previously confirmed case.

He further revealed that the detection of the additional new case has brought the number of active cases in the state to six as at Wednesday, June 10th, 2020, following the discharge of four patients.

Isamotu said: “we have recorded one new case bringing the number of active cases in the state to six. The patient contracted the virus from a previous confirmed case. But the good news also is that we also treated and discharged four patients as well.”

Isamotu further revealed that out of the 50 cases confirmed in the State since the outbreak of the Virus, the state had successfully treated and discharged 40 patients while four deaths were equally recorded.

“As at today, we have recorded a total of 50 confirmed cases out of which 40 patients had been successful treated and subsequently discharged from our facilities, leaving us with six active cases while four deaths were unfortunately recorded,” Isamotu dislcosed.